Requirements Before Generating a Campaign
- Ensure the Apple Search Ads (ASA) integration with Search Ads Maven is complete and has synced.
Add Automated Campaigns
- Brand — Brand keywords which are tightly coupled to your brand. Unlike other categories, these keywords are not automatically generated for you and you must supply these keywords later during the Add Keywords step.
- Category — Category keywords are more generic keywords targeted at the overall store category of the app.
- Discovery — Discovery keywords are primarily negative keywords (set to broad search) which do not appear in your other campaigns.
- Competitor — Competitor keywords are based on the keywords of competitor apps. In order to produce the most relevant and cost effective keywords, you will be asked to provide certain thresholds for variables like organic rank, popularity, and total apps. We suggest you experiment with the Keyword Analysis tool separately to determine competitor values that work well for you.
While you can adjust competitor thresholds to whatever you like, a suggested example is:
- Organic Rank > 1
- Popularity > 5
- Total Apps > 100
- Custom — This category allows you to create multiple campaigns quickly using your own keywords. Each campaign will be named based on the slug provided. You will enter keywords for each campaign later during the Add Keywords step.
Segmentation and KeywordSelect desired segmentation options for targeting your campaigns such as age, gender, location, and more.
- Select the desired Age Range(s).
- Select the desired Location(s).
- Select the desired Gender(s).
- Select the desired Customer Type(s).
- Select the desired Device(s).
- Click Next.
- Click + Add keywords manually.
- Enter the desired Keyword(s).
- Click Add.
- Click Apply.
- Click Next.
- Review the Total Summary.
- Click Save.